Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: OT: Flooding in New England

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lorak79's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2005
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We've had alot of rain recently, NH is under a state of emergency and the national guard has been dispatched to help out. Hundreds of roads are washed out and closed. Here is a link to some pictures of the tiny seasonal brook in my back yard and some roads around the area. Our brook has grown three times the size that it was this morning. It is now a river, our little bridge is totally under water. Any one else on the board in New England going through the same??

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...06373300&idx=0

  2. #2
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's pretty bad here but we're not flooding yet. [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] MA is also in state of emergency. It's shilly but it's also humid. I hate this weather and I'll be glad when the sun comes back. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, those are scary pictures! It looks like there might be some road damage from that much water rushing by. The past 3 hours have been a down pour here in NC. I haven't been watching TV but I better turn it on to check things out. I sure hope you stay safe!

    Julia

  4. #4
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It hasn't even rained here in a few days . . .maybe it is headed our way? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Joyfulone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2006
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am in NH too. I haven't noticed any flooding by me but then again, the rain has pretty much kept me inside. I hear it is not supposed to stop anytime soon, either. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope everything is alright and no one has any house damage.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Samanthasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    392
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IM from the south shore and the news says the rain will not stop till Wednesday or Thursday. Its aweful here, I cant stand the rain. Driving today has been terrible. I did see some area flooding while driving around today. I cant wait for this rain to STOP!!! Anyone else from around here??

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The latest for my area says Wednesday will be partly cloudy and then back to rain again Thursday and showers Friday with the weekend being nice. Hope everyone is OK!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's what it looked like her in Oregon over the winter. Today we have the opposite problem; we are expected to get record breaking heat. They are forecasting 93 this afternoon. Ick. I love the sunshine, but that's just too hot! I wish I could send some to New England!!! [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm in Wisconsin and all we have had is rain for a week. Today, it is raining again and it is supposed to continue all week. We are on an advisory not to do too much laundry or use too much water, because the sewage district can't handle the volume of water. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •